Saturday, September 14, 2013

Fall Quilts & Quilted Pillows

Fall decorating, started inside with a table runner, pillows and a couple of quilts.  Then I decided I wanted to make a new fall quilt too.

 Linking up with Beverly for Pink Saturday:  http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/




New fall quilt idea, starts with scouring the books for a pattern...short on time, so a simple patchwork is the answer and I found it here:

 Decided on the Rattan Squares pattern to showcase some really pretty warm toned fabrics. 

Roman glass, the red looking fabric here will be the sashing with the smaller square in between with the orange background and then the binding in the multi mirage striped looking fabric.
 
An assortment of Kaffe Fassett fabrics will be the larger squares in oranges, yellows, brown multi-fall looking tones.
So here a photo of the large squares, sashing with small blocks and the binding.  I hope to have the entire top pieced by next Saturday, so stop on by and see the progress.  Have a great weekend! 
Happy Pink Saturday, Michelle

3 comments:

Jeannie Marie said...

I always visit my "neighbor" on Pink Saturday...So glad it was you! I love all that luscious fabric!

Annesphamily said...

Clever display of pinks! Woot Woot! Love those apples, an Autumn favorite of mine. Lots of cool shares including the chair and that sweet cherub! Happy weekend and HPS!

CailinMarie said...

gorgeous photos and I *love* the piece on the rocker. I think your fabrics are pretty, looking forward to seeing what you make.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts