Friday, May 18, 2012

Quilt Display

Today I'm linking up with Feathered Nest Friday:  http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/ 
Please go check out Countney's blog-French Country Cottage, amazing.



Quilts...how do you use your quilts, just for beds or do you decorate with them?  Here's one way I decorate with quilts in my family room.  I have a quilt ladder, I used to have a quilts folded up small one on each rung and then decided it really didn't look that great, and now I have just three displayed so you can see more of them.
Another, display opportunity is on the porch, over a rocker, I just have one rocker, but I have visions of someday having one of those beautiful porch rooms and lots of comfy furniture and lots of quilts all around.

I just finished the binding on this quilt last Sunday.

The squares in the center are blocks I bought a few years ago on e-bay, someone beautiful lady had stitched all these cross stitched baskets and flowers and bordered them with a feedsack floral print, so I just sewed them together and added borders.
 
I used some pretty Kaffe Fassett purple tones that mix vintage with modern, but I think the colors make it work.

I picked a lovely polka dot for the backing and quilted it with a purple thread.
There was a reason, of course for displaying this particular quilt on the rocker by the porch, see the bearded iris, how could one resist.
"One of those listening was a woman named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth from the city of Thyatira, who was a worshiper of God.  The Lord opened her heart to to respond to Paul's message."  Acts 16:14

Have a beautiful day!  Blessings, Michelle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts