Monday, January 23, 2012

1000 Gifts-Birthday Wrappings

Linking up with Ann over at http://www.aholyexperience.com/.  Stop over and feel encouraged.

Birthdays, last Thursday was my birthday and Friday was my youngest sister's {by 15 years, I might add}.  I add a lot of fun this year spending time on making her packages look extra special, I purchased some dollar store books to use for craft art.  Then I used a variety of punches, dies, glitter glue lace, ribbon, bling and even some dried baby's breath to add to the effect.









She loved it, said she was going to save each piece and then put them in her scrapbook when she does the photos. 

We went to a lovely little bakery/bistro for lunch, and the third sister. 

We split this lovely desert, a tiramsu, which yes was delicious.

It was a very hard choice to make, there were so many that looked fabulous.

Yesterday, the three of us went cross country skiing, a perfect winter day and condition, warm like 37, no wind or precip, sunny and packed down just enough....not too many days like that.  First time I've been out in years...note to self stretch first and lose a few pounds and then it would be more enjoyable without so much huffing and puffing...but it was lovely to be outside doing something different for a change.  I really had a great weekend.  Another post, I'll share my couple of presents from my two sister's and daughter, so stay tuned.   Hugs, Michelle

1000 Gifts and Counting.....
Birthdays
Lunch with Sisters
"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body, and knit them together in my mother's womb.  Psalms 139:13
Birthday desert, tirimasu
Birthday Presents
"Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!  It is amazing to think about.  Your workmanship is marvelous-and how well I know it."  Psalms 139:14
Birthday cards, texts, facebook comments, emails, and phone calls
Birthday hugs
"You were there while I was being formed in utter seculsion!.  You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe.  Every day was recorded in your Book!".  Psalms 139:15-16
Birthday cake with co-workers
Birthday childhood memories
"How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly!  I can't even count how many times a day your thoughts turn towards me.  And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me!

Blessings, peace, hope and joy to all of your!

3 comments:

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

Beautiful, creative work!

Thoughts for the day said...

I am very impressed with your creativity and to have sisters is awesome, I have two myself and it is a gift and joy they are both different in many ways but we are still 'sisters'.

sandy said...

So thoughtful and beautiful presents. I have two Sisters too, but both live so far away. You are fortunate to be able to spend time with them ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts