Thursday, November 10, 2011

Crochet-Giant Granny Square Afghan finished!

Yes, I have finished it!  Started July 4th weekend and it was here and there, whenver I had some time.

I used wool and an H hook size. 

Now it is resting in the family room on the wing chair ready for snuggling up this winter.

  I wasn't sure what border I wanted to trim it with, so that took me a while to decide on.  I'm crocheting away and not sure if the border was exactly growing on me, it was curling up...but once I was done and blocked it, I am very happy with the way it turned out. 
I took some photos outside on the porch so I could get the natural light, and after all this work, yes I took every possible angle I could think of to photograph it.
Please disregard the pinecones that were not swept up, I've been crocheting, not cleaning.

And you thought I was kidding when I said I photographed every possible way I could think of...but when you have had something on your lap for that many months...you want some mileage out of it.

I just love the scrappy colors each row is a different color and yes I have lots of yarn left over for more probjects to follow.

This is the book I found my border out of, it's #127.  This is an awesome book, great diagrams and instructions and a fantastic reference book
ok, I'm done, hope that wasn't too painful for you, thanks for letting me obsess a little over this. 
Blessings, Michelle

7 comments:

free indeed said...

That is one terrific looking throw! Granny square updated with today's colors...I love the aqua border! It really makes the throw. Well done! :)

Pat said...

Wow, thats beautiful - great job. I've always wanted to make one of those. By the way, your hand stamped cards are gorgeous! Thanks for the blessing of you. Pat

meli B said...

Brilliant! I really love the fringe. I thought they were bobbles first up. The colours are gorgeous. Enjoy it as the weather gets colder.

Ailsa (Cape Pincushion) said...

Wow! Gorgeous colours. I love the border.

Angela said...

Your granny square is fabulous, and I love that border! I'm making a bright ripple blanket right now, but one of these days I want to make a granny like yours. Enjoy it this winter!

Pammy Sue said...

Oh my gosh...this is absolutely gorgeous! Fantastic job and nice pictures of it too! The border is great and just makes the whole thing come together.

Unknown said...

Fabulous. Great fun colors and that border is stunning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts