Sunday, August 28, 2011

Homes & Nesting

"In my Father's house are many rooms...I go to prepare a place for you" -John 14:2

Reading the book from last Sunday's post "We Shall See God" (Charles Spurgeon's/Randy Acorn) and devotion #35 is on  A Prepared Place For a Prepared People. 

 I'm going to mix some of my thoughts in with what I've read. So here goes, hopefully I can get across visually and with a little written word what I am feeling and take away.   As a woman, nesting is our "thing" to do, we love it, I'm thinking it's an inherited trait from our "Father".  We want our homes to look and feel and be comforting,  loving  and happy.  The photos are not ones I've take but found on the web.


The King will say to those on his right, "Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world".  Matthew 25:34

"Heaven is a pepared place for a prepared people" -Charles Spurgeon

Theologian Donald Bloesch suggests, "Our greatest affliction is not anxiety, or guilt, but rather homesickness-a nostalgia or continual yearning to be at home with God".

Bible scholar W. Graham Scroggie puts it this way: "Future existence is not a purely spiritual existence; it demands a life in a body, and in a material universe".

As Spurgeon says, "Brothers and sisters, he will do it well, for he knows all about us.  He knows what will give us the most happiness...I know he will prepare us nothing second rate, nothing that could possibly be excelled.  We shall have the best of the best, and much of it; we shall have all that even his great heart can give us."

PAISE GOD, praise God, Can you even imagine....Thank you Jesus!
Blessings, Michelle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts