Friday, July 22, 2011

Pink Saturday-perfect morning/one hour

Pink Saturday-stop on over to Beverly our lovely hostess and check out all of the links. http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com//

I had the most lovely Saturday morning two weeks ago, or should I say rather 1 hour, I grabbed for myself, and this is how I spend it::

I created a little outdoor "teatime" space, simple-simple... one green  chair amd a small metal outdoor  table, placed a pretty pink "butterfly" quilt as a "tablecloth"  added a lovely vase with a daylilly, it was quiet except for some birds singing.

Steeped a cup of my favorite tea "Bigelow Raspberry" and poured it in  the most beautiful teacup...the cup has a pretty gold print design , delicate handle, the top is wavy and has  flowers printed on the inside so you see beauty with every lift to your lips.   One of my faviorite magazines to browse and oogle the images and articles.
Toasted "beer bread" from tastefully simple made the most delicious toast, topped with homemade blueberry jam [canned last summer], mouthwatering on the tongue.

Relaxing, rhymic motion of crochet with the morning sun streaming its warmth.  Praising God in prayer and being thankful and wishing I could have stayed in my quiet time longer before I started another overwhelmed too much to do day.

Progress on the giant granny square, row 28 and counting!  Have a lovely weekend and thank you for visiting with me today.  Michelle

12 comments:

Patti said...

Hi, this is my first visit to your blog. I'm visiting from Pink Saturday. (Yours was the name right before mine, and I always try to visit the ones before and after me.)

Anyhow, your teatime tray is lovely. I am a big believer in sitting a spell with a cup of tea and a great book or magazine. In fact, I have that same issue of Victoria, and I very nearly used it as my post this week. We are obviously thinking alike.

Blessings to you,
Patti (Fill My Cup with Beauty)

Gail said...

You're a wise woman, taking time for yourself. You know the saying, "you can't give fully from empty hands". What a lovely way to refresh your batteries and spend time praising God.

Cottage Rose said...

Oh Michelle; What a lovely spot you have, to sit and sip a yummy cup of tea.... I love that mag. too... thank you for sharing your wonderful one hr, day..... I hope you can find more of them...

Hugs;
Alaura

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday. My latest method for viewing pinks is by the last digit that matches mine. I'm 103 today, so I'm going by threes. Of course, I get out of sorts and visit others too. I'm so glad I got threes today because it brought me here. I was just reading along about your quiet time when you surprised me by mentioning God, prayer and praise. I had this most comfortable thought of personal quiet time with the Lord. It reminded me of the wonderful personal quiet times I had either with my grandmother or at her house. It changed my understanding of personal quiet time w/the Lord. Wow. Thank you. Hugs, Jenn

Anonymous said...

I had to do another comment, just to see if you have moderation on b/c I think I lost my comment, I hope not.

Anonymous said...

Okay - so now I'm here by threes!!! Oh boy. :) Jenn

Unknown said...

What a beautiful spot to rest & enjoy your moments with God ... I do this quite often in my gardens.

Happy PS weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Michelle Sweetie...
What a gorgeous share today. I so enjoyed myself sitting in the chair among the flowers in the grass. What a delightful cup of tea, and watching you crochet (as I can't crochet a stitch, two left hands I am told.) We shared so much laughter, and stories oh my what fun. I love stopping by for a little love. You are such a joy sweet friend.

Have a glorious weekend. Many hugs and much love from Phoenix, Sherry

Char said...

Hi Michelle,
I love granny squares, this takes me back to my beautiful grandmother.
Your peaceful place to sit and relax is pretty, with the views of some lovely flowers.
Happy Pink Saturday to you, Char

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Michelle,

I crochet too. How many rounds are you going to crochet? I just started a new blog to focus on my crochet and sewing. I'd love to have pop in for a visit.

Pink Sparkles,
Stephanie Suzanne ♥

Micupoftea said...

Happy Pink Saturday...what a calm, relaxed way to start the day. Love your crochet project. Pretty!

Cattinka said...

Your granny is growing nicely, and you took lovely pictures of it.
KATRIN W.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts