Saturday, July 3, 2010

Doll quilt -Garden Fairy






Inspiration...from a magazine article featuring embroidery with piecing then quilted.  I don't embroider, but someday would love to have the time to learn and do so.  Instead, I thought well, what can I do...so I used a varigated multi-colored thread and stitched out the garden fairy followed by the patchwork,  added some borders and quilted some designs....still practicing my borders as you can see {used a solid very pale green backing}, but I love the colors and it was fun creating, love quick finishes since time is always short.   Have a great week sewing!

7 comments:

SheilaC said...

wOw!!! Your quilting is AMAZING!!! Begs the question which side is the front :) :)

Gorgeous work! I can't stop looking at that beautiful thread and stitching

SheilaC

Bunny said...

Beautiful work.

Julia said...

I love it!

Millie said...

Beautiful doll quilt...love the varigated quilting thread you used.

Karen B. said...

This is beautiful! So many fine details.

Unknown said...

Michelle ~ I LOVE the creation but that fairy design is adorable. Beautiful piece ...

You may wish to enter our giveaway!
Have a lovely summer's eve.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Angie Lepsch said...

just lovely and delightful!

what magazine had the article? I have been trying to get the nerve up to incorporate embroidery with piecework, but haven't gotten there yet...

any help is appreciated!

alepsch@comcast.net
anythingangelfishy2u.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts