Saturday, May 29, 2010

Salvage Potholders






I'm finally uploading a post, my computer broke about three weeks ago and wasn't able to be fixed, very disappointing, because I really liked that computer. So, sad, I had to invest in another one, because I just can't live without one very I well. I had fun whipping up these pot holders with the salvage ends, my first attempt at being "green" using these. I've seen all the cute post around and decided to give it a whirl after I saw an oven mitt and potholders in a recent magazine. I even went to JoAnn's and purchased some thermal batting. Believe it or not I only had two potholders, so I was in very desperate need, I was going to go out and buy some and I thought, how silly that was, I just have to take a time out and make a point of sewing something for me, and I'm glad I did, it was fun and fast, I already had leftover binding laying around, which was sweet. I see more salvage projects in the future, I like it, an "artsy look".


Check out this blog for more great inspiration:  http://selvageblog.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Kammy said...

Now that is using every scrap - looks great :o)
Kammy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts