Sunday, August 23, 2009

Deeds A Revelation

Have you ever had one of those times where something will pop up more than once, like, hey pay attention, are you getting this. Last Sunday I posted about heaven because I was thinking of my Dad, and one verse stuck out in Revelation 20: 12 "I saw the dead, great and small, standing before God; and The Books were opened, including the Book of Life.. And the dead were judged according to the things written in The llBooks, each according to the deeds he had done.". Then I was listening to the radio and ron hutchcrafts http://www.hutchcraft.com/a-word-with-you/your-mission/making-life-an-adventure-5900 message on 21 Aug stuck out on the same subject. Then on 21 Aug the verse on my blog was "James 2:26 As the body without the spirt is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." Well, my Daddy went "Home" to be with the Lord seven years ago 21 Aug. When these thoughts of "deeds" have been popping up I started remember all of the wonderful deeds my Dad did in his lifetime. At the time, when I was growing up I remember we would sometimes moan and groan over them..he'd stop to help someone with auto trouble and we'd be left sitting in the car when we were on our way go have some fun, or he'd be at the neighbors helping or up at some friends helping with plumbing or whatever they needed, leaving less time for our selfish fun. He was the type of guy who was all around handy and always willing to give of his time and labor which we were not always appreciating. God must have been accumulating glory. Now at this point in my life, I smile and think wow, my dad was awesome he was so kind and so giving, and I can't wait to see him again.





Visit Spirtual Sundays link: http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How blessed you are to have had a dad like you had. My dad was a good man but he never became a Christian. It is one of the sorrows of my life. He passed away over 10 years ago and I am hoping and praying that someday I will see him again, but I don't have the hope that you do.
I Can Only Imagine is one of my favorite contemporary songs. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Musings of A Minister said...

I'm glad you told us this wonderful story about your dad. We all need to be encouraged to live the "good life." I Can Only Imagine is one of my favorite songs. I remember the first time I heard it was at a huge Christian convention with that name as it's theme. When thousands of us sung that song together it was awesome. Thanks for your good post.

Lisa said...

Your sweet Father left you quite a legacy! What a blessing!

SmilingSally said...

How fortunate you are to have had a good earthly father; think how much more wonderful our Heavenly Father is.

*karendianne. said...

Touches my heart and soul, Michelle.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What wonderful memories of your dad. He sounds like a wonderful man.
Blessings,
Ginger

Denise said...

Such precious memories.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts