Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Texas Star







I purchased this handpieced "Texas Star" quilt top on e-bay, and then I added a cotton batting and a new backing and quilted it in feathers. It is so much fun to take a quilt off the machine after it's been quilted and see the transformation from a pieced top to a QUILT, it amazes me every time. This is so much fun to look at with all the different pieces of scrappy material that the maker used. I feel like a rescuer when I pick these tops up, so sad the maker never saw it finished and quilted. Personally, I would never have time to make the tops I purchase, they all have so many little pieces of material sewn together, I love the old time block designs.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts