Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bethlehem Star Quilt
















This is an antique quilt TOP that I purchased off of ebay, it was all hand pieced in very good shape, a few small stains and one area with some small tearing of threads. I can't even imagine the amount of hours that someone spent cutting by tracing tempates, I'm sure, each little diamond shape and sewing them all together. It is very well made, lays very flat. I'm going to add more photos in another post because I'm really loving this quilt. I quilted it with off white thread and put on a new backing in peach color and a new cotton batting. I used a feather design in the quilting that gives it a vintage feel. Its fairly heavily quilted except for the borders are a little lighter. This one is staying in my personal collection.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts